IPA

n/a
Notes:
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 6
3.75/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This was poured into a tulip. The appearance was a nice looking hazy golden orange to amber to bronzed yellow color. A one finger white foamy head rose and fell adequately showing a nice show of rings going down. The smell had a sweet bittersweet citrus to spicy blend of piney hops. The taste took all of those previously mentioned flavors to combine bittersweet and allow a light caramel underneath. There was no aftertaste but a dry citrus finish. On the palate, this one sat about a medium on the body with a fairly decent sessionability about it. The carbonation was good for me and for the style as it displayed the right amount of sharpness for an AIPA. Overall, I say this was a well done AIPA that I would have again.

3.2/5  rDev -10.9%

32oz. grunt/mini-growler filled at the brewery for $6. Unfortunately the young woman behind the counter used the most diabolically inept method I know of filling a growler - filling a pitcher, then slowly pouring it into the growler, so, even though it was rushed home to my fridge and it's been less than 24 hours, I suspect it will not be at it's best.

Poured into a nonic pint glass, this was mostly clear, and the color was somewhere between dark gold and amber. Virtually no head whatsoever.

Smelled like a traditional PNW IPA - piney and grapefruity (in that order), with some spicy, peppery notes.

Taste is much like the nose. It's on a par with many similar IPAs I've had in the past. I like the taste, but it doesn't really stand out from the many other such beers available.

Carbonation is virtually non-existent; almost certainly caused by how it was dispensed, as that quality seemed okay when I had it at the taproom. Mouthfeel was oily and a little bit watery for the style.

For now, I'd advise against taking anything home from this brewery until they change their ways 0 if they ever do (as far as I know, No-Li has never stopped doing it this way, despite its drawbacks). Based on the sample I had at Perry Street, this is a serviceable PNW IPA when fresh, but it loses a lot when consumed at home.

IPA from Perry Street Brewing Company