Vienna Lager

SCORE
n/a
Notes:
3.98/5  rDev +2.3%

Pint consumed at the brewery for $4 (happy hour price).

Mahogany-amber color, with a decent, off-white head that dropped after a couple minutes, leaving spotty lace behind.

Bready, toasty and a little nutty in the aroma.

Bready, caramelly malt flavor, with a little bit of a nutty flavor in the background. A little more sweet than I expected from the nose, but not by much. Pretty much hits the style standards here. Modest dryness at the swallow.

Light bodied, with a clean finish, but not as crisp as one might like if a fan of the style.

Minor mouthfeel quibble aside, this is a tasty Vienna Lager, perhaps the only one brewed locally. I think I still prefer Chuckanut's version, but that's not regularly available around here. I will drink this again.

3.79/5  rDev -2.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

I had this beer on-tap in a pint glass at the brewery.

Appearance: medium brown hue with a very light haze and a finger of frothy ivory foam. Darker than typical for the style, but I rather like it.

Smell: roasty and nutty; rather dry, but a good flavor.

Taste: nutty and caramelly with a fair bit of yeast character. Good, but not as clean and crisp as I like.

Mouthfeel: medium body with a good carbonation and creaminess.

Overall: I prefer my Vienna lagers a little more crisp than this one. Still, it's a pretty good execution of the style.

Vienna Lager from Perry Street Brewing Company