The Hop Collective (THC): Vic Secret

Nov 23, 2015
SCORE
Very Good
Notes: None
Recent ratings and reviews. | Log in to view more ratings + sorting options.

3.67 by Griffith from Connecticut on Jun 30, 2019

3.46 by psweendogg from Connecticut on Dec 29, 2015

4.63 by nebula1999 from Connecticut on Dec 27, 2015

3.56 by CayseyW from Connecticut on Dec 23, 2015
2.96/5  rDev -21.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 2.75
by TomMorris from Connecticut

Pours super hazy; rather luminous and orange-yellow. About a finger of creamy head and a solid amount of lacing. Love it.

I should have expected differently given the hop used but the nose was a letdown here. Very earthy and grainy on the nose; hardly anything sweet or appealing unless you're really into earthy hop profiles.

The taste is ridiculously dry and earthy - in fact, it tastes like what I imagine dissolving dirt into water tastes like. It's not the worst-tasting beer I've ever had, as I do tend to like a bit of earthiness in my hoppy beers, but this is an absolute bomb of nothing but literal sediment.

The feel is pretty thick and creamy, and would be excellent if I didn't feel like I was brushing sand out of my gums (though that was definitely influenced in the wrong way by the flavor and nose).

I've really enjoyed a few of Black Hog's beers (Hog Water, for example, is an excellent example of a New England-style IPA) but this one is not particularly drinkable at all for me. The other of their THC beers I've tried I wasn't a huge fan of either, but I couldn't bring myself to finish my glass of this. Better luck next time.

Dec 10, 2015

4.01 by laxbum4 from Connecticut on Dec 07, 2015
3.93/5  rDev +4.8%
by WillieThreebiers from Connecticut

Pours a golden straw with minimal head and lots of lacing. Pleasant hop grain aroma. Tastes great...not necessarily less filling. Mouthfeel as one hopes for in a pale ale. Thoroughly enjpyable.

Dec 06, 2015
The Hop Collective (THC): Vic Secret from Black Hog Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 86 out of 100 with 11 ratings