Granola Brown Ale - Bourbon Barrel-Aged | Black Hog Brewing Co.

4.29/5

None provided.

User Reviews & Ratings
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 4
4.22/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I picked up this 22 oz wax capped bottle at the brewery close to the release date. Its been in my cellar since then and Im now pouring into a snifter at cellar temperature. the beer pours a rich chocolate brown color with a creamy beige head of 2.5 cm foams up even with a gentle pour. The aroma is rich toffee, chocolate, and caramel and heavy hits of bourbon and oak notes. Overall a very sweet nose with no hop presence that I can detect as I sniff my glass.
The first sip reveals a very smooth body with velvety texture with minimal gentle carbonation that rolls easily across my palate. The flavor is rich and malty with chocolate and brown sugar mixing with some bourbon and bit of drying oak. I dont get any hops in the flavor but I do get a bit of peppery booze on the finish that does give me some hint of booze in this bottle. I do find this beer easy to drink and enjoyable as my first big beer review in a new house.
Glad to have had a chance to try this beer from Tyler and the gang at Black Hog!

Granola Brown Ale - Bourbon Barrel-Aged from Black Hog Brewing Co.