Banana Hammock Imperial Stout

SCORE
n/a
Notes:
4.26/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

A bourbon barrel aged bananas foster imperial stout from Black Hog.
Purchased at the brewery and sampled at cellar temp. 16 oz can poured into my snifter.
The beer pours coffee black with a fizzy beige head of about.5 cm that fades quickly to the thinnest of edge layers.
No light passes through my glass as I hold it up to the light.
Aroma is some dark chocolate and some roasted malt, and some bourbon with only the faintest hit of banana in the background. I also get a little bit of brown sugar but no hop character and the ABV is hidden here. I expected bigger banana note here but the nose is appealing.
The first sip reveals a fairly thick body with very fine and tingly carbonation. The texture is smooth and pretty sticky on my palate. Physical traits make this a sipper.
Flavor is much bolder than the nose.
Start is roasted malt and dark chocolate, then some brown sugar and sweet chocolate, and here are the bananas! Not overpowering but definitely present. I get some bourbon flavor and back to brown sugar sweetness on the finish. Again no hops, but there is some warming booze on each swallow. Warmth follows the beer to my belly and lingers on each sip.
This is a pretty big robust flavored brew that does the banana well. Im glad to have picked this up at the brewery. An ideal late night sipping brew as a night cap!

Banana Hammock Imperial Stout from Black Hog Brewing Co.