Cookies For Santa

SCORE
n/a
Notes:
4.15/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Sampling a cellar temp 16 oz can poured into a snifter. This beer is part of a swap with @schuee. Thanks man!
Beer pours into my glass a dark black coffee color with a creamy tan head of 2 cm. This foam fades slowly to a very sturdy surface layer that remains like creamy tan cap throughout my sampling.
The aroma is some sweet chocolate and a bit of roasted malt and a little bit of brown sugar and toffee. Nose is fairly mild overall, but doesnt have much of a hop character nor reveal any hint of the higher ABV on this brew.
First sip reveals a silky smooth textured medium body with very fine and tingly carbonation that almost stings my lips with each sip. A bit of a sticky feel remains on my palate after each sip.

The flavor is probably the best part of this brew. I get rich chocolate notes, brown sugar, caramel and toffee. The flavor is generally sweet and features a bit of alcohol warmth showing up on the finish. The booziness slows my consumption just a little but the beer still has no real hop character.
I enjoy this beer, but some of the other big imperial stouts from Black Hog have been better.

Cookies For Santa from Black Hog Brewing Co.