Brunneis Blend #2
OEC Brewing (Ordinem Ecentrici Coctores)

Brunneis Blend #2Brunneis Blend #2
Score:
Needs more ratings
4.01 | pDev: 0%
From:
OEC Brewing (Ordinem Ecentrici Coctores)

Connecticut, United States
Avail:
One-off
Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Brunneis Blend #2Brunneis Blend #2
Notes: Matured in 5 different barrels that used to house bourbon, whiskey, syrah wine & sherry. It is deep brown in color with a touch of carbonation. Reminiscent of dark fruits,raisins & plums, it has a balance between acidity & maltoness that is enhanced by a slight smokiness on the nose.
4.01/5  rDev 0%

750 ml bottle. Blend #2, blended 8/20/2015. Drank 9/30/2019 out of a tulip.

Look. Poured with little carbonation, no head or lacing. Looked like a flat cherry carbonation, not a good start, but not off the charts for an oud bruin.

Smell. Couldn't get much, but my smeller is off so let's say average.

Taste. I love oud bruins and have tasted better, but enjoyed this one too. I think what I lacked was due to the presence of the syrah wine and sherry barrel - they seemed to "shoud out" what I like about an oud bruin. As far as the bourbon and whiskey barrels - I couldn't get any of them. The rest of the taste included raisins, plums, and an overly high level of acidity - best when drunk at room temperature.

Feel. Medium, just right.

Overall. OK but not the greatest OEC I've had.

Footnote. I've just entered this on BA but suspect a few people have rated Blend 2 under regular "Brunneis" - the naming / ratings for Brunneis include Batches 1 and 2, and there are both regular and peat smoked versions. There may be more batches and different blends, I'm not sure. If you look at Untapped - people have entered pictures for different batches and different versions all over the place - it's just a mess. Here, there are fewer ratings, but the same problem likely exists given that Blend 2 did not exist until now.

Brunneis Blend #2 from OEC Brewing (Ordinem Ecentrici Coctores)