Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Larine Grand Belgie | Brouwerij Martens NV

martens.be

Style: Euro Pale Lager

Added by medic25 on 08-13-2010

3.48/5  rDev 0%

A: pours a light golden ale with excellent clarity and flecks of yeast in suspension. Single finger white, loose foam falls to a thin quilt of the same. Cobweb lacing.

S: Bread and butter. Somewhat sweet. No real hop presence.

T: Again, bread and butter. Some sweetness in here, maybe even artificial. Again, no hop presence, but plenty of resonance. I like this beer.

M: Light and high carbonation. Does not remain on the palate.

O: I can't really articulate why in many terms as you see, but I find this beer fun, simple, and enjoyable. I have had it many times, and continue to love it.

2.73/5  rDev 0%

Odd bottle; 16.9 oz green plastic bottle with a plastic screw top. Pours a clear golden color with a frothy white head that quickly faded. Sweet, slightly malty aroma. Taste was nothing impressive. Very sweet, bready and a little artificial; minimal hint of hops at the end. Fairly clean aftertaste, at least the sweetness didn't linger around too long. At least it was inexpensive at $1.89, but I don't think I'll be picking this one up again.

Larine Grand Belgie from Brouwerij Martens NV