Minoh Ganja High | A.J.I. Beer Inc

minoh-beer.jp

Style: Herbed / Spiced Beer

Added by Naerhu on 01-09-2005

3.74/5  rDev 0%

Appearance: Thin coal brownish black with a piddly lame beige head and poor retention.

Smell: Licorice, sweet black beans or black bean tea, cola sweetness, and some roasty notes. Very herbal and spicy (possibly from the hemp?) yet mild. Root beer-ish, in a way.

Taste: Roasty and fruity and lightly spicy; dark wheat toast, concord grape juice, and anise seed sweets. Very nice, but mild. Probably would be at home in the Irish dry stout category.

Mouthfeel: This is pretty thin, and not terribly smooth or creamy. The bottle says "stout type," but they may be better off calling this a porter.

Drinkability: This isn't a bad beer, it's just a little bit... meh. I like the sort of fennely herbal notes, but this doesn't give me the rich malty goodness I want in a porter/stout-type beer. At least it doesn't taste the way pot smells.

4.45/5  rDev 0%

Black body with an amber tinge and thin creamy brown head.
Aromatic cocoa, slightly charred malt and hash oil.
Tame long lasting bitterness with a more moderate cocoa flavor, not in the slightest sweet, but is also neither very dry. The hemp flavors do not take center stage and, considering I do not particularly like ganja, found this a nice addition to their stout. Light creamy mouthfeel. This is a relatively light tasting and easily quaffable beer.

Minoh Ganja High from A.J.I. Beer Inc