Auer Maibock | Schlossbrauerei Au-Hallertau

Liked:
4.29/5
Alströms:

4.48/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Amazing Color, copper-red. It's an interesting Color for a Bockbier... sth. between Heller Bock and Dunkler Bock. Nice Aroma of Berries, Auer Flavor Hops and exclusive Malts. Very smooth taste and well balanced Body. Superbock!

Photo of
4.5/5  rDev +4.9%

You had this beer. Write a review.

3.88/5  rDev -9.6%

Poured from 500mL bottle into a pint glass. Bottle says best by 3/5/13, so we should be in good shape, freshness-wise.

Appearance: medium golden hue with a haze-free body and a robust effervescence. Head poured two fingers of frothy ivory foam which subsided into a one-finger layer, where it stayed. Not bad at all.

Smell: aroma is malty with a hint of spiciness. There seems to be a little alcohol heat, as well. Not bad, but not as clean as I'd like it to be.

Taste: light, sweet malt with a light graininess to offset the sweetness a little bit. Bitterness is quite low. I happen to like sweeter beers, so this appeals to me.

Mouthfeel: medium body with a good level of carbonation and concomitant creaminess. I like it.

Overall: this is an interesting and tasty, if a bit sweet, maibock. As I said, I like sweeter beers, so this works for me.

Auer Maibock from Schlossbrauerei Au-Hallertau