Berliner Weissbeer | DESTIHL Brewery

DESTIHL Brewery
Illinois, United States
destihlbrewery.com

Style: Berliner Weissbier

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Summer

Added by MaxOhle on 04-26-2014

3.75/5  rDev -14%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.5/5  rDev -19.7%

4.75/5  rDev +8.9%

4.43/5  rDev +1.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Appearance - Served in a snifter, the beer was a golden yellow color with a bubbly white head. Lacing coated the sides of the glass.

Smell - I mainly took citrus notes from the aroma, one might even qualify it as having the aroma of a sour.

Taste - Boom! I immediately detect notes of lemon and pineapple with a sour backbone that coats the back of the tongue. The citrus notes seem to get more intense at the end until they are brushed away by the carbonation.

Mouthfeel - The carbonation is appropriate for the style, but I find myself wanting the taste to last longer.

Overall - If Destihl ever bottles this, I might need a case. This is the first Berliner Weiss I have ever really liked. Awesome stuff!

4.25/5  rDev -2.5%