Bohemian Pilsner | Glacier Brewhouse

Glacier Brewhouse
Alaska, United States
glacierbrewhouse.com

Style: Czech Pilsener

This medium bodied, slightly malty quaffer is balanced nicely with traditional moderate bitterness and hop flavor from the Czech hops. Beautifully light golden in color.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-04-2002

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 3
4.02/5  rDev -0.2%

This beer surprised me. I've never been big on pilsners, but if they were all like this beer, maybe I could have gotten a taste for them. Maybe it's because this is the first one I've ever had that was completely fresh. Bright golden color with good head and streaming bubbles. Lemony and peppery, it has a surprisingly strong malt backbone (but it's still far from heavy) with a strong dose of the distinctive saaz hops. On a side note, saaz hops have always reminded me a bit of body odor or the bad breath of this kid I knew in middle school. Despite that, this is a good beer. It has a bright clear flavor that makes it a pleasure to drink. Wen't extremely well with the brewpubs chicken, ranch, bacon and onion (The Dodger) pizza.

Bohemian Pilsner from Glacier Brewhouse