Old Redwood Porter | Third Street Aleworks

Style: American Porter

Added by Mark on 01-24-2003

Reviews by watermelonman:
3.5/5  rDev 0%

This arrived looking mighty dark and with no real head to speak of, probably a single layer of bubbles up top at most. The smell was good but weaker than one might expect. The flavor was of chocolate and bitter chocolate at that. This is definitely one of the most bitter porter's I've ever had.

The mouthfeel was a bit rough and bubbly. I prefer my porters smoother, but this certainly wasn't bad.

4.21/5  rDev 0%

Jumped all over this one when I saw it was cask conditioned, I have been bummed out too many times being served freezing porters. This offering was a nice cellar temperature, poured a deep black, and was topped by a tan head that was persistent. Lacing was in the form of almost perfect rings. Taste was nice and roasty, but a bit dry and astringent. Good solid mouthfeel and drinkability was outstanding. I wanted to have another but Suzanne refuses to drive my truck. Oh well, a solid porter and the best one I have had in a pub.

Old Redwood Porter from Third Street Aleworks