Dawk’s Classic Porter | North End Tavern & Brewery

North End Tavern & Brewery
West Virginia, United States
netbrewery.com

Style: American Imperial Porter

Dark, rich and frothy, Dawk’s Classic Porter is by far our heartiest brew. Roasted chocolate and black patent malts create the ominous ebony color which dominates this beer.

3.73/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

3.3/5  rDev -8.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

4.5/5  rDev +25%

3.75/5  rDev +4.2%

3.35/5  rDev -6.9%

I had this on tap at the NET in a pint glass. It was black with a minimal tan head. The smell was of roasted barley. There was a little bit of coffee flavor, but it was surprisingly a little bland. I couldn't pick up any taste of hops. The mouthfeel was just average. It was drinkable, but I decided to change to the Roedy Red for my second beer. It was just okay also.

3.53/5  rDev -1.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

On draught at the brewpub. This beer is a glossy black color with a medium thin and creamy light beige head. Sheets of lacing on the glass. Aroma of coffee, malt and some nuts. Medium, smooth body with a roasted coffee character. Malt and dark chocolate flavors are present as well as some hops. The finish is moderately bitter coffee and hops. Overall this is a pretty good Porter that is sigificantly better than the other N.E.T. beers I tried.

3.83/5  rDev +6.4%

Served in a pint glass, the beer pours dark brown with a small tan head. It smells malty, mostly like coffee and chocolate. It tastes like coffee and chocolate too, and there's a good bitter aftertaste to it. The mouthfeel is light/medium, closer to light than medium. Drinkability is very good, as it's smooth and refreshing. I think this is a decent porter, and it's the best of the North End Tavern's beers that I've tried. I like this as a session beer too, whenever I'm in Parkersburg I try and stop there and have a couple of these.

3.68/5  rDev +2.2%

Closest to a true tasting craft beer that the North End Tavern has to offer. Crisp maltiness with hints of caramel and chocolate. Pours a very nice head and lacing. Easy to drink and not too heavy, appears quite dark. Even though this is a brew pub, I cannot remember hardly anyone ordering the porter and this may be their best style.

2.98/5  rDev -17.2%

Appearance: Dark ruby brown hue forms a thin tan head leaves minimal lacing around my sampling glass. Aroma: Light malts chocolate and coffee from the roasted grains low hops very miniscule barely detectable. Taste: A bit watery but some flavor in comparison to rest of the brews at North End Tavern, some mild chocolate and coffee tones save the flavor profile finishes clean and refreshing for me. Mouthfeel: Light bodied for a porter may I suggest the use of more malts to the brewer even carbonation. Drinkability: Yes I could consume alot of this mild flavored light bodied porter but that doesn't mean it's fulfilliing for me.

Dawk’s Classic Porter from North End Tavern & Brewery