Vox Pop IPA (Galaxy)
Vox Populi

Vox Pop IPA (Galaxy)Vox Pop IPA (Galaxy)
Beer Geek Stats:

Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Vox Pop IPA (Galaxy)Vox Pop IPA (Galaxy)
Notes: Brewed as part of an educational, interactive project, this IPA will change with each batch to let us discover different aromas and flavors.

Ingredients : 2-row, oatmeal, malted wheat, a ton of hops, yeast
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 5
3.77/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Can: Poured a hazy blonde color ale with a large white foamy head with good retention and some good lacing. Aroma of dry hoppy floral undertones with light citrusy notes. Taste is a mix of dry floral hoppy undertones with some citrusy notes and very little residual sugar notes. Body is full with limited filtration and good carbonation. Enjoyable but dryer then expected with the expected tropical fruit notes not coming out as much as intended.

3.31/5  rDev -9.8%

Serving: Can
Canned: Feb-1-2018 (Consumed Feb-17)

Pours a cloudy hay color with 3 fingers of airy, soapy off-white head that slowly drops leaving clumpy lacing. Filled with chewy, stringy yeast bits. The aroma is a little different than expected. Honestly my first thought is eggnog. Kind of a spiced, way over-ripe mango smell with a little vanilla, sage, and some grass as it warms a little. The flavor is pure forest floor. Dirty, sticky pine needles, chopped grass crud under a lawnmower, mint. It is fairly drinkable All things considered, medium body, seltzer carbonation, lingering grassy bitterness.
All told this was an all right beer, if I'm being a little generous. Not a drain pour, but I am a little bummed I have three more to drink. Too much malt/yeast presence, not enough fruitiness from the hops (either from too much or from not enough I'd say if I had to guess). It was not terrible, but I didn't have to pace myself either. In the past I have found that their beers hit a sweet spot around two to three weeks so I'll revisit this one in a while and update if it tastes drastically different.

3...3.25...3.5...3.5...3