Berliner Weiss | Oaken Barrel Brewing Company

Alströms:

Reviews by baos:
3.97/5  rDev 0%

From notes

I had this one at the Columbus Bar, in Columbus, Indiana.

A: Served in pint glass. Not much of a head, cloudy pale straw body.

S: Lemon grass, tart berries.

T: Very tart and refreshing, pared up with fish and chips this is awesome.

M: Medium to light feel.

D: Would be a good Summer brew to refresh.

4.13/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Brewed once for the Indiana Beer Week festivities from the Microbrewer of the year in Indiana.

I had three of these, one straight up, one with raspberry syrup, and one with kiwi syrup. I am reviewing with no syrup.

A - very light yellow with a small bubbly white head that dissipated quite quickly
N - sweet malt, sour wheat scents, lemons, and tart apples
T - tart lemon and apple upfront and some cider in there as well. Weak wine flavor as well.
M - slightly undercarbonated, but very crisp and tart and quite refreshing.
D- at 3.9 I could have kept on having these and I wasn't turned off at any point and could have kept drinking this beer.

Really nice beer here. I am glad to see OB trying some new things and I hope they might do this beer seasonally.

Berliner Weiss from Oaken Barrel Brewing Company