Pumkwang Ale | Oaken Barrel Brewing Company

Style: Pumpkin Ale

Added by Lukafer on 11-20-2010

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 4
4.62/5  rDev 0%

The brewery was really friendly and helpful telling me the name, which apparently is a combination of pumpkin and the owners name, ABV. (6.2), IBU (12.3) and the SRM (12.5), the last one I didn't even ask for, it was offered. I really like this brewery, really good people.

Pours a medium-medium dark amber color, with little head, maybe a fingers worth that dissipates quickly and leaves some lacing. I smell allspice, maybe some wheat, slight clove and a dash of ginger. The first thing I taste is malts, then some spices, allspice again? A lot of sweetness for a second, I almost get a maraschino cherry or Amaretto taste, then back into pumpkin pie spices with a nice, graham cracker finish. Delicious. This beer is a beer with a lot of pumpkin pie attributes, it is NOT a beer trying to be pumpkin pie. That being said, I think this is one of the better pumpkin beers I've ever had, I reviewed Pumking not too long ago and claimed it was the best, but no, this is one of the best I've ever had. Great beer, totally drinkable, get it, now!

Pumkwang Ale from Oaken Barrel Brewing Company