HammerTime

Dec 23, 2018
SCORE
n/a
Notes: None
Recent ratings and reviews.
3.89/5  rDev -1.5%
by puboflyons from New Hampshire

From an undated 16 oz can sampled on Aug 22, 2020.

Hazy yellow appearance with a modest white head that fades.

I pick up a lot of citrus, orange, and floral characters in the aroma. Low profile grainy notes.

Soft light to medium body.

The taste is sweet then juicy with a spritzer of mild bitterness. Easy to drink.

Aug 22, 2020

4.03 by matthewbrown324 from Massachusetts on Apr 04, 2019

3.93 by ddoyle23 from New Hampshire on Feb 18, 2019

3.89 by kdivers from New Hampshire on Jan 27, 2019
4.4/5  rDev +11.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5
by ichorNet from Massachusetts

I typically love Rockingham, but I've been less than impressed by their hoppy beers at times. The biggest upset of this opinion has been their rye barrel aged double rye IPA, so I would say I typically find their IPAs a little bit wanting. Let's hope this bucks that trend! By the way, this is the first NEIPA I'm having from these guys, and I'm excited to drink their normal-strength NEIPA tomorrow for NBS!

Pour is absolutely haze-tacular... seriously, this is pretty gross looking... and it's glorious! Totally opaque and sitting at about 3-5 SRM... an awesome collar of foam sits atop this beer, with excellent legs and some very nice lacing going on. Some people may not like how hazy and intense this looks, but I think it works well.

The nose is grassy, lightly tropical and a bit oniony/chive-y with some distinct tropical stuff going on as well. Overall, it's quite well-rounded, surprisingly. I pick up some notes of pink guava, mango, fresh cut grass, scallion, grapefruit and passion fruit with even lighter elements of pomelo and pineapple. It's a surprisingly well-rounded affair without too much pulling in any particular direction. I'm digging it quite a bit!

Thirst-quenching flavor profile on this one! Wow! This is excellent. I've never had a proper sessionable NEIPA that I can recall, but this is exactly what I'd like if I were ever to reach for one. Incredibly dense for a sub-5% beer! A big hit of grass and fresh pine upfront with a mid-palate bending towards bright tropical fruit including mango and guava. The finish is a little bit grassy once again with some powerful citrus... grapefruit, orange and aspirin-like bitterness really comes across after each sip! I'm incredibly impressed by how much is going on in this little guy. This should be a necessary addition to any party in 2019 if you can get it. The feel is light, crisp and surprisingly well-rounded considering this style should be both full-bodied (in a sense) and also easy-drinking. Rockingham nailed it with this one. I'm far more impressed than I thought I'd be. So much for cynicism! It's hammer time!

Jan 06, 2019
3.55/5  rDev -10.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5
by johnnnniee from New Hampshire

Growler shared by Mcox90, thanks for the opportunity. Hazy murky lemony yellow in color without much of a head. Earthy grassy citrus on the nose with bits of sweet fruit and a light astringency. Somewhat crisp body, easy drinker.

Dec 23, 2018