Line Street Pilsner | Weyerbacher Brewing Co.

Line Street PilsnerLine Street Pilsner
3.75/5
Very Good
Line Street PilsnerLine Street Pilsner

Weyerbacher Brewing Co.
Pennsylvania, United States
weyerbacher.com

Style: Czech Pilsener

Sure, we love our big beers, but sometimes we just want something lighter without sacrificing flavor. That’s Line Street Pils. A hoppy pilsner with great flavor and a not-so-menacing ABV. This brew pours a bright and deep yellow with a pleasant, light citrus aroma. Our twist on a Czech pils using Centennial and Mandarina Bavaria hops, this beer has a crisp, refreshing bitterness up front that fades into a dry, palate quenching finish. Bright, crisp and hop forward – that’s Line Street Pils.

Added by jaydoc on 02-15-2016

3.53/5  rDev -5.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Not a bad beer, but very little like a Czech Pilsener. Another pale ale and an ok one, but they are a dime a dozen.

4.25/5  rDev +13.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.92/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

12 oz. bottle poured into a pint glass.

L---Golden yellow with a large whitehead that quickly disappeared with minimal lacing.

S---You can certainly tell there's hops there. Citrusy.

T---Crisp & lemony. Hops are obvious.

F---Crisp& refreshing. Mouth watering, even.

O---Excellent pilsner. I mean excellent. Nice work Weyerbacher folks.

3.38/5  rDev -9.9%

12 oz bottle. Pours hazy golden with tall, long lasting, fluffy, white head. Aroma is of citrusy hops and biscuit malt and lemon. Body is medium and crisp. Herbal hops and pale malt nicely balanced on the palate. Finish is long and herbal. Good Pilz.

4.35/5  rDev +16%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.91/5  rDev +4.3%

Snagged a single bottle on my recent trip to Philadelphia.

Pours a deep, golden yellow with a half inch of foam atop. Lots of lacing on the glass as you drink. On the nose, this one comes off as quite complex with grass, light fruits, butter and cream. On the tongue, it's light and sweet up front, followed by a buttery middle and finishing crisp and dry with a lingering grassy bitterness. The mouthfeel is a little thin with solid carbonation and some oiliness.

Overall this is a very easy drinking and flavorful, hop-forward take on a Czech style pilsener. I'd enjoy having another. Cheers!

3.75/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.88/5  rDev +3.5%

3.44/5  rDev -8.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A thanks to the legendary woodychandler for this beer. Poured from a brown 12 oz. bottle. This beer came gushing out, resulting in a yellow color with a 1 1/2inch head. Smell is mild, some grains. Taste is malts, lemons, light hops are present. Feels medium bodied in the mouth and overall is a decent beer.

3.99/5  rDev +6.4%

We have achieved the kick-off of New Beer Sunday (Week 626) & I am using the occasion to kick-off my long-awaited & much-needed horizontal of Weyerbacher B.C. beers. I have a LOT of their beers in my Bottle Backlog and it may take several days until they are depleted. Enjoy the ride!

From the bottle: "Hoppy Pilsner".

I Pop!ped the cap and began a gentle pour since I was kind of distracted by the hockey game on TV & I did not want to have to clean up a mess. Once enough had been decanted, I employed an in-glass swirl to raise two fingers of foamy, rocky, bone-white head with modest retention. Actually, it fell away while I was looking away, but it left some great lacing as a souvenir. Color was Pale-Straw (SRM = 1 - 2) with NE-quality clarity, but it looked more like a urine sample. Czech that - I have made water that was darker than this beer! Nose had a grassy, grapefruit/lemon citrusy hoppiness and a biscuity maltiness. Mmmm. At last, some hops into which I can sink my hophead teeth! Mouthfeel was medium. This was more bitter than a standard Czech Pils, but that was fine by me. It had a distinct Northwest hops character, but it was not so strong as to overwhelm the Bavarian hops or the biscuit malts. Finish was semi-dry to dry and very refreshing. I was turned onto Czech Pilsners by my FerMentor, Lew Bryson, many years ago and once I understood that they relied more heavily on hops than German Pilsners, I was off and running! Now, if they would just put this in a CAN, I would happily drink it all summer.

4.35/5  rDev +16%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I think they nailed it! Was afraid it would be imbalanced. Yes, a bit hoppy but balanced and refreshing.

Five out of Five if I could give it that but I just finished my second so time will tell.

3.69/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

part of a mix a six picked up from good ta go in chambersburg yesterday. best by 11/20/16, so about 6 weeks past its best by.

faintly hazy yellow body. small white head,. faint lacing.

not getting much aroma, just a "clean" smell.

quite mild tasting overall. though there is a tang on the tongue at first, the hops have clearly faded due to the age. which may or may not be a good thing depending on how you feel about hoppy pilseners.

close to medium on the mouth.

overall, given the age, an okay inoffensive beer. might have more oomph to it within a couple of months of bottling.

3.59/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

2.13/5  rDev -43.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2

Why do brewers insist on over-hopping every beer? I was actually very excited to try this beer as I typically enjoy beers from this brewer, especially since they are a PA brewer, and since it is becoming increasing hard to find a very good plis. However, this one was a drain poor for me. The beauty of the pils is the balance...and this beer was all hops. Honestly, I would not have even rated this beer as a good IPA. No balance at all...all hops...too many hops. Back to the drawing board please.

3.75/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.88/5  rDev +3.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Pours a slightly hazy straw color with about a finger of head. The nose has the classic pils malt notes. The flavor is crisp and quite dry and hoppy for the style.

This is not terribly true to style but it diverts from tradition in a way that I very much enjoy.

2.77/5  rDev -26.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.56/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.95/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.58/5  rDev -4.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Bottle from Bert's
Hazy deep yellow color with a small bubbly white head that dissipates quickly. Citrus and fruit on the nose with bits of earth grass and a crackery maltiness. Lemony citrus flavor with a crisp crackery light bready malt to counter. This beer has that weird earthy smokey aroma and flavor that apparently only I get from Mandarina Bavaria hops. Serviceable beer, and more drinkable to me than some others with that hop

Line Street Pilsner from Weyerbacher Brewing Co.