Beej's Bitter | Bluegrass Brewing Co. - East St. Matthew's

1 Rating

Bluegrass Brewing Co. - East St. Matthew's
Kentucky, United States

Style: English Bitter

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Slatetank on 04-21-2008

4.1/5  rDev 0%

I picked this growler up at the brewpub in Louisville. Thanks to carlos and his lovely girlfriend Rianna for sharing this w/ me.
Poured cold into a standard pint and allowed to warm gradually.

A - A deep copper w/ a light tan head of about 1/4 inch in height that has nice retention and provides little lace.

S - A nice blend of dry malt aroma is complemented by an earthy herbal dry hopped intensity in the nose.

M - A sweet yet mild hop acidity w/ relatively full carbonation for the style - very balanced feel overall.

T - Caramelly dry malt is noticeable in the first sips w/ citrus twang and astringency w/ grassy taste when warm. Very nicely layered malt and hop flavors til the end cooperating to make a very flavorful and less than harsh hoppy effect. Nice quenching qualities w/ subtle sweetness.

D - Very nice offering from BBC, I am glad I saved this one til I got home like a souvenir. More of an American take on the bitter style w/ plenty of hops w/ both herbal and acidic qualities. The sweetness was sufficient and I could drink this (and did) for hours.

Beej's Bitter from Bluegrass Brewing Co. - East St. Matthew's