Genesis Weiss Beer | Hellenic Breweries Of Atalanti S.A.

Awaiting 10 Reviews
Genesis Weiss BeerGenesis Weiss Beer

Hellenic Breweries Of Atalanti S.A.

Style: Hefeweizen

Added by magnj on 04-24-2009

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
2.6/5  rDev n/a

Part 2 of my Greek beer adventure brings us to the Weiss Beer. This one comes in a 1pint, .9 fluid ounce bottle. Again nothing about the beer or brewery on the label.

a - 1 finger soapy head from an aggressive pour fell before I could even take a picture. Color is a hazy deep orange that gets thin around the edges of the glass.

s - Yeast aroma dominates, banana, clove and citrus support it. It's not particularly aromatic.

t - Right off the bat this beer has a distinct taste just like the other one. This time it's not quite as bad but leaves a flavor on the back of my tongue that is unlike anything I've ever experienced. Unlike last time I'm not fearing another sip but I'm sure not dying for one. There is a lot of clove, some banana. Yeast flavor is minimal or at least not coming through the other flavors for me at the moment. There is a slight metallic flavor toward the end...but I've had worse.

m - Slightly watery and does not end crisp or dry enough.

d - This one is much more drinkable than the red but still not something I'd seek out or tolerate more than one (if even) of.

I'd like to think this flavor is coming through because it's expired but it's quite strange. I'm really not trying to bash the brewer or Greece here but this is odd.

Genesis Weiss Beer from Hellenic Breweries Of Atalanti S.A.