Dominion Light | Old Dominion Brewing Company

Style: American Blonde Ale

Added by JISurfer on 07-26-2004

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 4
1.66/5  rDev -35.9%

Had a couple of heavier beers prior to this one, and was looking for something on the lighter side - closer to a BCM light lager. I was expecting it to be a "gourmet" version of what I am used to, but I was disappointed. It had such a dirty, hay/grassy smell, and the taste was not much better. The carbonation and the color were good, but this didn't make up for the off taste and smell. Would not try this again.. I'd order a Miller next time I want something light.

3.2/5  rDev +23.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Another beer geared towards the macro swill people. Sure, OD can't make perfect beers all the time, and this is not that perfect. I would say it's one of the better light lagers I have had. Had somewhat of a body to it, ie more than just a "beer" flavor. Had some light fruitiness to it with some hoppiness to it. I would say if you are looking for a good light lager, go with this one. I'm more into the heavy beers, so I think I'll pass for now.

Dominion Light from Old Dominion Brewing Company