Corsendonk Grand Hops

Notes:
View: Beers
JonnoWillsteed from England

3.69/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

L- Quite pale amber, slightly hazy, pours with 2Cm white head.
S- Citrus, mild though, somewhere between grapefruit and lime.
T- Bright and distinctly fruity, again grapefruit lime. But I'm pleased to note this is NOT an over-hopped hipster-hopbomb comtemporary style beer. This has far more of an ABV%-assisted depth/richness to underpin it. The hops themselves do not seem OTT at all; rather it is the citrus element (likely) from the hops that stands out so distinctly.
F- A good balance between richness and a bright palate. Neither get close to wearying at any point. About 1/2 way into this first beer today my palate isn't particularly noticing specific fruits, there is a mild citrus note blending into the whole.
O- I invariably do not enjoy hipster beers as I find their OTT hopping yields blunt instruments, which are more like 'sour candy challenges' than things to kick back and enjoy. This is different, this is the first beer with prominent citrus notes I've had that I'm enjoying. Interesting too also as to me (1100 reviews to date) this is something entirely different from any beer I've had before; that rarely happens these days.
Bought from BelgiumInABox Antwerp/BE for delivery to me in London/UK. 330ml bottle. The bottle has a vibrant lime green paper neck band... is this a clue to it's citrus notes?
ps. There is a retired entry for a Corsendonk Grand Hops 2017 and this here is not the same, it has no year or date in it's name at all. The only date on the whole packaging is the BB; 05/06/22.

May 09, 2020