Isgood Stout

From:
Denmark Brewing, LLC

Wisconsin, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
View: Beers
Reviews by jackndan:
jackndan from Illinois

4.33/5  rDev +16.4%

This small brewery located in Wisconsin makes some damn fine beers. Each of them came in 22 oz bombers, was very tasty and was faithful to their styles. Unfortunately, the only damn one your author thought to take notes of was the stout. (“hell, I’ll pick some up on my way out of town.” Not). So if this review is as much an homage to the brewery as the beer, please forgive me.

What about the stout? It was damn good, very nice deep color, had a very nice head (with some staying power and thick Irish lace) and smelled like freshly made chocolate (well a hint of it anyway). Dominant flavors were dark chocolate and espresso in a very creamy brew that was a pleasure to drink. I also wrote down “spruce,” although as I recall that was mostly my feeble effort to describe the hops as much as anything.

Every beer I had from this place was exceptional, and I highly recommended it to a couple of places that serve good beer in Door County, and I was happy to do it. Buy beer from this brewery!

Jul 27, 2003
ALESwhatCURESya from Wisconsin

3.29/5  rDev -11.6%

I was a little hesitant due to the fact that it was only $2.50 for a bomber, but what the hell. Very poor head on this stout. Virtually nothing at all. The color was dark, but not as opaque as I hoped. The taste was pretty one-dimension at first but regained a little strength as it warmed up a little. The roasted coffee taste was semi-weak even at its best, but it was a decent sipper. Not that this was a bad shot at a stout for this brewery, but I don't think this example will be enough to pull me back to try others from them.

Oct 01, 2004
walleye from Michigan

3.53/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

pour a ruby color no head little lacing.malt and choclate aroma.carmel and coffee flavor. watery with a little bit of bitterness.I had this beer a couple of years ago and thought it was a real good beer.still do this is one that you can have a few of . Thanks bieristgut for bring this one home

Dec 29, 2004