Aegidius-Trunk

Notes:
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 4 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
nocheinsbitte from North Carolina

4.44/5  rDev +9.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This was a new find for me...on my travels to Germany I have never come across this bier. It took a trip to my local bier store in Carrboro, NC to find this gem.

Appearance: This is an unfiltered festbier, brewed only in the late summer/early fall and is available at the end of August. It has a cloudy, amber appearance color. Pours nicely into a 1/2 litre glass with a sustained 1-inch head. The head dissipates, leaving significant lacing throughout the glass. This bier reminds me of a cross between a regualr and dunkel weizen bier, so it is a good looking bier.
Smell: Mild sweet aroma, no turn-offs at all. solid aroma
Taste: full, rich taste. Due to the unfiltered nature of this bier, it is thicker than your typical German festbier. Mild sweetness and no dryness at the end. Very enjoyable.
Overall: I really enjoyed this bier. I was very happy to find this bier and after looking up the other varieties, I am looking forward to exploring this brewery even more. Do yourself a favor and seek out this bier and brewery, you will not be disappointed. Prosit!

Jan 15, 2013