Strawberry Smoovy

Wants
Gots
SCORE
Very Good
Notes: Tropical and vibrant with a smooth and creamy finish. We brew it with flaked oats, strawberries, Madagascar vanilla beans, and lactose sugar, and then we dry-hop it with generous amounts of El Dorado and Mosaic.
Reviews: 5 | Ratings: 25 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Nuttin_but_the_best_Clark from Massachusetts

1.77/5  rDev -56.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

This is by far the worst beer I've tried. I cannot believe this is called an IPA. It tastes like someone squeezed a lemon and crushed an unripe strawberry into a budweiser. It's altogether uninspired and borderline vile.

Don't imagine creamy milkshakey strawberryness. It's more like bland sudsy water ... there is almost a sweetly soapy taste to it and an odd citrusy bitterness that comes out in the aftertaste. The sweetness tastes manufactured, almost like a nutrasweet and not like fresh fruit.

The beer is very light from a mouthfeel perspective, slightly foamy and pinkish colored.

Overall I might prefer the taste of vodka mixed with dishwater to this messy disaster. After one can I am trying to think of people in my office whom I hate but know drink beer so I can gift the remaining 3 cans of beer to them to ruin their day. The only bright spot is I paid only a bit over 12 bucks for the four pack ... could have been a more expensive mistake. I never would have guessed creamy strawberry was what this beer was going for if I was given a taste with no explanation.

I've had a few Mighty Squirrel beers before of other varieties and though they were average beers, this loathsome creation is far below average. In as much as I feel very bad pouring it down the drain ... for the drain's sake.

Jul 04, 2019
metter98 from New York

3.89/5  rDev -3.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

On-tap at Miller's Ale House, Watertown, MA

A: The beer is crystal clear light amber in color and has a light amount of visible carbonation. it poured with a half finger high white head that left a thin collar around the edge of the glass and some lacing down the sides.
S: Light to moderate aromas of strawberries and underlying malts are present in the nose.
T: The taste has flavors of strawberries along with a light to moderate amount of bitterness.
M: It feels light- to medium-bodied and slightly smooth and creamy on the palate with a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: This beer does a good job at combining the strawberry aroma and flavors with a smooth and creamy mouthfeel.

Jan 10, 2019
Ronl12 from Massachusetts

3.85/5  rDev -4.7%

16 oz can into IPA g;lass. Dated 9/25/18.
Look is nice semi-cloudy golden orange. Smell is sweet and strawberry. Taste follows very nice beer taste in front and sweetness underneath. Nice like feel. Overall a very nice fruited IPA that I would buy again. .

Oct 09, 2018
Greenlabel from New Hampshire

4.45/5  rDev +10.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Unique product - thought it might be too sweet based on the product name but, fortunately, that was not the case. I've consumed a number of different products from Mighty Squirrel and this is the best one yet. With a new brewery location opening soon, I think this brewery has a very promising future'

Jun 24, 2018
alebo12 from Massachusetts

4.65/5  rDev +15.1%
look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Appearance: A beautiful golden orange with a reddish hue. 2 fingers of foam.

Aroma: Very interesting. Can smell some light juicy hop aromas along with some strawberries and a hint of vanilla.

Taste: Complex profile here. Not overly sweet with a the creaminess from the lactose, along with a light burst of starwberries/el dorado hops. Finishes creamy and smooth with a slight bite.

Mouthfeel: Perfect for this beer. I'd say it is medium-full, however not too full bodied.

Overall: Very impressed with this beers. I'm loving the "milkshake style"

Jun 03, 2018