Vastas Velvet Stout | Galbraith's Alehouse

Style: English Stout

Added by crusian on 10-12-2011

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
3.43/5  rDev 0%

Brewed by Carl Vasta, head brewer at tuatara.
Pours with more head than I was expecting from a cask, and it stuck around a while. Nice and black, appears thicker than I thought it would also.
Nose has a lot of roast on it, chocolate, nice coffee... actually a lot more on the nose than I expected too. With a 6% stout I don't expect much at all.
Taste is a bit like I would expect. It falls pretty short. Watery up front, roastey finish, thin. It is pretty velvety though... points for that on a cask ale. There are not too many cask stouts available around, so with that in mind this was decent... but nothing to go out of your way for. When in London, I don't think I had any cask stout better than this one.

Vastas Velvet Stout from Galbraith's Alehouse