Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Ambidextrous Step 6 | Left Hand Brewing Company

Added by kjkinsey on 03-12-2014

Reviews by cjgator3:

3.5/5  rDev 0%

4.01/5  rDev +14.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

2.5/5  rDev -28.6%

3.25/5  rDev -7.1%

2.75/5  rDev -21.4%

4.25/5  rDev +21.4%

3.7/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Note: I can only assume based on taste this is the version I am trying. I have never been too impressed by Left Hand beers. This probably falls into that category, but I want to be transparent in that past experience might, despite my efforts, influence the rating.

A: darker than I expected, almost stout-ish in color
S: citrus-fruity tartness over a smokey background. My *first* impression of smell (straight from "cold" tap) was of salami or some Italian meat.
T/M: you definitely get the fruity side of citrus here - I am thinking lime-level versus orange vs grapefruit vs lemon. I also get the smokiness I noted in the smell. The carbonation lingers a bit into the beer. As the beer warms, the tastes mingle better to produce a more harmonious beer, and a tinge of banana (hefe-style) comes out.
O: I liked this more as I drank it, but it would be more if a one-and-done style for me (note also, not a huge smoked beer fan).

3.5/5  rDev 0%