Tiramisu Milk Porter

n/a
Notes:
3.02/5  rDev -16.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

Poured from a can into a Duvel tulip, the beer is dark brown with an off-white head.

Smelling, I get the expected roasted grains with hints of cocoa... and not much else. The aroma is rather mild.

Sipping, I taste roasted grains, faint cocoa powder, and a bit of milk. It brings to mind making milk chocolate without enough cocoa powder. There's none of the coffee, or cookie, or sweetness that I would expect to find in a tiramisu. If I was tasting blind, I'd say it was a cocoa porter. It's rather bland.

There's nothing seriously wrong with this beer, other than being bland and lacking flavor. If that sounds like damning with faint praise, you'd be correct. But this is the best beer I've had by this local brewery thus far, which speaks to the unfortunately negative experience I've had with their offerings. My disappointment with Czig Meister continues.

4.19/5  rDev +16.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Poured into a becher pint glass.
The pour was a pure brown color but had more of a darker brown close to black color in my glass. Light amber hues along the sides. Mild cap of off white foamy head swiftly died off. Just a wispy concave lace.
The aroma had a wonderful blend of sweet roasted coffee beans, some dark chocolate, espresso beans, waves of vanilla/creaminess and a touch of dark toast on the back end.
The flavor moderately yielded to the sweetness of the espresso beans, vanilla and dark chocolate nibs. Aftertaste ran sweet through the combination of dark chocolate, espresso beans and vanilla creaminess.
The mouthfeel was about medium bodied with a fair sipping quality about it. Low key carbonation and a nice ABV. Lingering finish of espresso beans, vanilla creaminess and some dark chocolate.
Overall, for my first beer ever by these guys, I have to admit - they nailed this. I'd definitely have this again.

Tiramisu Milk Porter from Czig Meister Brewing Company