Prescient

PrescientPrescient
Notes:
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 11
4.28/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Bottle Date: 7/22/16
Palate Contaminants: other beer

The appearance is very orange, but it also has a bit of a chatoyant character. (First time, I'll explain: as though it has a sheen, but in three-dimensional space.) Not much head.

Smell starts with a heavy corn funk. It volatilizes more than any other sour I've ever come across. There's also fresh cilantro, and something that I can best describe as sharply flavored orange Tums. As weird as it all is, it's still pleasant.

It's the most acidic sour beer I'll ever taste, at least within reason. Orange is still there, but so are less sweet citrus flavors, mostly kumquat. Add in citrus blossoms. Mild astringency. Did I mention citrus? It has some sort of mineral aspect to it, too. Maybe that's how I get the calcium carbonate on the nose. It's one of the more intense sours I've had.

The feel is surprisingly heavy for a 5-point-something brew. The best parts – citrus, anyone? – hang around into the aftertaste. Not much carbonation, but that's typical.

4.7/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

joining the casa agria club was one of the better beer moves I have made in my career as an alcoholoc and I love me a well done golden sour, so was super pumped to get my bottles of this...especially after the good buzz I had been hearing.

classic golden sour looks and the nose is an immaculate soft eggy oaky sour. really reminiscent to duck duck. the taste follows, again conjuring up thoughts of ddg w the soft elegant oaky egginess. really well done beverage. looking forward to enjoying my other bottles.

4.75/5  rDev +11.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Oh snaaaap. Doesn't get better than this. Pours a golden yellow with a small head, extra carbonation. Great acidity and Brett character, tropical fruitiness and oak character. Delicious!

Prescient from Casa Agria Specialty Ales