Festivus Ale | Copper Creek Brewing Co.

3.37/5
1 Rating

Copper Creek Brewing Co.
Georgia, United States
coppercreekathens.com

Style: Scottish Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

This oak aged spiced Scottish Ale is the perfect beer for the airing of grievances! Brewed with brown sugar and holiday spices its malt character dances around your mouth to a very clean finish.

Added by mondegreen on 01-16-2010

3.37/5  rDev 0%

Reviewed from notes on 1/6/2010.

First the brewpub's desription:

"Festivus Ale: This oak aged spiced Scottish Ale is the perfect beer for the airing of grievances oe feats of strength! Brewed with Brown Sugar and holiday spices, its warming malt character dance around your mouth to a very crisp finish."

And my review:

A: Dark brown. Not much head.

S: Spices! Very very heavy on the spices. A little malts come through as well.

T: More spices! Holy shit, it's a spice bomb! Too much spices in the taste. No oak or anything else that the description promised. Almost like a candied Belgian, but not in a good way.

M: About like I'd expect for this beer. Pretty heavily carbonated.

D: Finished the first, don't want another.

I came away thinking this was a weak impersonation of the Stone/N√łgne/Jolly Pumpkin Special Holiday Ale. I usually love Copper Creek, but this one didn't do it for me.

Festivus Ale from Copper Creek Brewing Co.