Pro Bono Vanilla Porter

Pro Bono Vanilla PorterPro Bono Vanilla Porter
Notes:
Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 20
3.9/5  rDev -4.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

12 oz can at the Fall 2019 ASMF.
Pours near black with a good tan head.
Full body with medium light carbonation.
This strong porter is relatively bitter for style, with a lingering aftertaste of dark roasted coffee and unsweetened chocolate.

I have never liked dark beer until now! This is the most delicious beer I have ever tasted! I used to only drink heavy Red Wines from Europe mostly...I have converted ever since I tried an IPA with my husband. I will only drink IPS's from a Tap....I stopped drinking wine all together for quite a while now. I received a flight that had this in the selection....I was dreading it...I could not believe the taste that came from this Beautiful Beer! I am in Love!

3.8/5  rDev -7.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Lovely opaque--yet definitively dark brown--brew with a thick, fluffy chocolate milk-ish cap that lingers. You definitely get the vanilla and even some of the bourbon aging on the nose, but what there is a lot of is alcohol. Very tasty, with the sweetness of the vanilla right on the front end, and the 9-point ABV very apparent on the back. Really nice and smooth mouthfeel; good balance of carbonation to make this super-drinkable for its ABV. Overall, a very nice porter that doesn't seem near as heavy as you'd expect.

3.94/5  rDev -3.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Pours thick and black. Almost a little stout-like body. Dense tan head leaves a few ribbons of lacing. Smell is a little oaky and roasty with tons of vanilla. Tastes thick and sweet with a ton of vanilla and a bit of oakiness. Has a bit of chocolate in there as well. It is an interesting and tasty beer.

Pro Bono Vanilla Porter from Legal Remedy Brewing