Autopilot

Notes:
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 9 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
jamyers1 from Pennsylvania

3.75/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Advertised on the can as a NE Pale Ale. Not quite hazy, juicy, or hop-bomby enough to carry this title in my opinion. It is more just like a standard Pale Ale to me, which was a bit misleading, especially with no description on the can. Also, no date on the can.
Having said that, I think this is the first beer I have had from Double Nickel BC and overall it is good! I am definitely enjoying it! I think I will have another. 3.75/5

J

Sep 13, 2018
gueuzegeek from New Jersey

3.98/5  rDev +4.2%

Short and sweet... so glad to see they are making some nice clean hoppy beers! I had it at the Pourhouse Westmont as it just came on!

It made me stay for another one too! I can’t give the lengthy kind of review my friend Jim (nerofiddled) gave, so just read his!!

Jul 22, 2018
NeroFiddled from Pennsylvania

4.18/5  rDev +9.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Double Nickel Brewing Co. "Autopilot"
16 fl. oz. can, coded "#WHEELSUP"
$4.49 @ Total Wine & More, Cherry Hill, NJ

Notes via stream of consciousness: Damn! I thought I was getting a New England-style IPA but this is barely hazy, well, at least only as hazy as a witbier. You can't do that, can you? I'm kidding, it's totally fine. It actually does look like a witbier, although the body is slightly darker. It has a fine, short head of foamy white. In the nose it's pretty hoppy, but not bold, more along the lines of an APA "+". It's fruity and resinous. I'm finding a lot of berry to it. On to the flavor... more berry, and I'm guessing that's Mosaic (damn, I wish I could get some of those but they're not available to me right now). There's some tropical fruit as well, but nothing really specific, kind of like a blend of passion fruit, guava, mango, and peach. Maybe even some pineapple in the background. And some soft pine in the finish with a little bit of earthiness. It's not that bitter but there's enough that you notice it. I'd call it right on for the style. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a summer beer or not, probably not, but damn, I'm not sure I could think of one right now that's better. It's hot out, and I'm really enjoying this. It takes me away from the heat of the city to some tropical beach. I wish, right!? Back to work tomorrow! At least it's a little respite, a tiny tropical dream for a half an hour or so. But there's also that berry, which is great, although that reminds me of summer as well. Maybe I'm biased, but I just love Mosaic hops when they're done like this. OK, what did I miss? Mouthfeel, as always. It's medium bodied, leaning well towards medium-light, and just lightly crisp - very easy to drink as far as mouthfeel goes, giving just enough bristle to wake you up and then smoothing out. The one drawback here is that the head didn't last that long, and the lacing was limited. I'm pretty sure I've got a "beer clean" glass here so I've got to stick with that, but wow, other than that I'm impressed. The aroma's not the boldest either, but this is so flavorful and yet so delicate in many ways that I just can't resist it - again - a great summer beer. I'm pretty sure I could drink this all year long though, and most likely in some serious quantity! Worth seeking out in my opinion.
Review# 6,127