Lime Gose

Sep 04, 2018
SCORE
n/a
Notes: None
Recent ratings and reviews.
Reviewed by NeroFiddled from Pennsylvania

3.97/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75
Double Nickel Brewing Co. "Lime Goes"
12 fl. oz. can, coded "08/11/16 10:16:11"
$1.99 @ Roger Wilco, Pennsauken, NJ

Notes via stream of consciousness: Typical appearance: very hazy gold-ish, almost brass-colored body without any head or lacing. The aroma displays some sweetish malt, some mineralish character, and just a suggestion of lime. It's pretty inviting whereas sometimes gosebiers can have a kind of odd note to them. On to the flavor... whoah! that's tart. No, I'd call it sour. And it's pretty salty too, I was expecting it to be a little lighter but it's really full-throttle. There's some lime to it, just a little, and it seems completely natural. Obviously there's no bitterness with such acidity, and it finishes quite dry. In the mouth it's medium-light in body, and it's oddly not that carbonated. I thought there'd be some to it, although I understand why you'd want to tone it down with such an acidic bite to it. Maybe that's why there was no head, well, that and the fact that it's a sour beer. So, OK, where do I stand? I appreciate that they went all out with it rather than just making a kind of watered-down version, and I like the level of lime but I do wish it had a little more carbonation to it, it almost seems flat to me, and that doesn't help it. Still, cold on a hot day I wouldn't turn this down. Worth trying for fans of the style. Not their best to date.
Review# 6,227