Two Street

n/a
Notes:
NeroFiddled from Pennsylvania

4.1/5  rDev 0%

Double Nickel Brewing Co. "Two Street"
16 fl. oz. can, coded "2ST3480926"
$4.49 @ Total Wine & More, Cherry Hill, NJ

Notes via stream of consciousness: Interesting kind of purple-black can with 70's style graphic shapes. Only 6.1% abv? I thought a Brut IPA might be stronger as it's thoroughly fermented out. What do I know? It's poured a hazy gold. It's not heavily hazy but it's certainly not lightly hazy either. I guess it's somewhere along the lines of a Belgian witbier. The head is an inch of fluffy bright white. It's fruity in the nose with peach, orange, mango, and papaya backed by sweetish golden malt. On to the flavor... it's quite similar to the aroma. I'm getting peach as a kind of main note, supported by the sweetish malt. The orange is soft, and the mango/papaya is constant. There's a little bit of a citrus rind raspiness but not much, and a light touch of grapefruit as well. Let's see, is there anything else? Ahh, pear and apple of course, but that might be coming from the yeast. I was going to say here that I wasn't sure about what made this a Brut IPA instead of a NE IPA style, but it is just a little bit lighter and drier. It's not really that bitter, but it is drier than what I'd normally expect. I'd like to see a little bit more carbonation though, as it's just median. I guess I'd call it medium-light in body. Overall it's quite nice.
Review# 6,473