Blender

Notes:
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
NeroFiddled from Pennsylvania

4.13/5  rDev +1.2%

Double Nickel Brewing Co. ""Blender"
16 fl. oz. can coded "05/07/21-12:16:57". Sampled on 07/13/21.
$5.29 @ Total Wine & More, Cherry Hill, NJ

Notes via stream of consciousness: So what's in here? Mango, guava, and passionfruit? Let's give it a try. It's poured a hazy golden-orange colored body beneath a short head of white foam that's already dropped. Limited head retention is to be expected in sour beers so that's OK. The aroma is fruity with mango and passionfruit, and a little bit mineralish. I wouldn't say it's a great aroma but at least the mineralish side is not as strong as the fruitiness. On to the taste... it's definitely a sour beer, but it's not overdone. I've had some sours that give you that almost burnt feeling at the back of your throat but this is kept in check. It's more than what I'd call 'tart' though. I'll say it's right where it should be. The fruit remains with the mango seemingly predominant, and oddly, I think I get the guava second. That's a little unusual as guava is a soft flavor whereas passionfruit is a little more aggressive, but OK, I love guava! The mineral component found in the nose is also hidden, which is nice in my opinion. I think it's really well balanced across the board, and the fruit comes through nicely. It's medium to medium-light in body and a little zesty in the mouth, due mostly to the acidity as the carbonation is restrained. I like this. On a hot summer day (currently 87F) it makes a refreshing pint.
Review #7,339