Friends Giving (2021)

Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes: Collaboration with Cape May Brewing Co., Tonewood Brewing, Urban Village Brewing Company, Source Brewing

We know you’ve all been wondering and asking…..well rejoice – it’s here and the tradition continues!! It’s finally that special friends and family time of year now that we’ve hit November! So who’s ready for the latest batch of Friends Giving?! We teamed up with the usual suspects; our friends from Tonewood, Cape May, Urban Village, and Source Brewing to brew the latest and greatest version of our “potluck style IPA” with all of the proceeds once again going to support local charities fighting food insecurity. Friends Giving is an initiative of our CollaborAid charity, which has the mission of turning creativity, camaraderie, community, and collaboration into support for feeding local families struggling to put food on the table.⁣⁣

This year’s version of our 7% ABV Friends Giving Style Hazy IPA features Amarillo, Idaho 7, and Citra.

For 2021 we’ve partnered again with the 4 amazing local organizations of Cathedral Kitchen, Virtua Mobile Farmers Market, Philabundance, and The Community FoodBank of NJ to help those in need right here in the New Jersey and Philadelphia area that we love to call home.
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 3 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
JerzDevl2000 from New Jersey

4.03/5  rDev -0.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Picked this up over the weekend at Double Nickel, as it was my first time at the brewery. Found out about this via Source and I was glad to see that they had a hand in this collaboration. Of course, the label was lovely and the idea behind this was as well, but the beer was on par with the intent as I would easily grab a can of this to celebrate the season, since this was a fine IPA that was easy to enjoy!

The pour to this was a murky gold with a moderate head topping it off as the lacing left behind was mostly spotty except for a few thin and rocky rings near the top of my pint glass. Lots of wheat, deep stone fruit, turbid citrus, and a hint of booze in the nose as the taste nicely followed suit. Mango pulp, apricot, jack fruit, dank weed, Hawaiian Punch, and deep hops hit the palate as this was a venerable fruit cocktail with much more brightness and heft to it than what I had in my lunchbox growing up. Well-rounded, full bodied, and subtly sticky on my lips in the aftertaste as the carbonation was light.

The same could be said for the alcohol, although I did feel a bit of warming before finishing this off. Dated 11/4 on the bottom of the can, this was a solid IPA that had plenty going for it and was practically a meal on in can. Given the cause that this was brewed for, that seemed appropriate as there was so much going on here that coalesced nicely in the end with the Idaho 7 leading the way. Glad I was able to get down to Pennsauken to get my hands on this!

Nov 11, 2021