Belikin Draft

Notes:
View: Beers
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 4 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
3.65/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Doesn't seem to be very common but I eventually found the Red Bull looking 8.4 oz can at a grocery store. The look isn't anything special, the nose is better than regular Belikin but that's not saying much, but the taste....what's going on here? I'm very confused. This actually has a lot of good flavor. Tons of fruity and citrus notes. This is infinitely better than Barefoot Blonde, an actual craft beer. It's really too bad that this is so hard to find (and expensive per oz) since it's by far the best beer I've had from Belize.

Now I just need to get my hands on Belikin premium (which might be discontinued from what I'm hearing).

2.43/5  rDev -29.8%

Belikin draft "Brewery Fresh" comes in 330ml brown plastic bottles with a screw top. Has the familiar pyramid on the label and is noted that the beer is "cold stabilized by using micro-filtration".

Pours like a typical adjunct lager. Rather nice yellow/gold color with a small white head. Head falls to just about nothing and there is very fine lace.

Aroma is typical for the style as well. Rather clean nose but if you get deep in the glass you begin to pick up a mild maltiness.

Interesting flavor. Much like an adjunct but there is something else there. You can taste the malts although it is mild. Has a weird bitter funk taste to it that I cannot explain. Ends with a bitter taste that is more off than it is hops.

Rather thin in the mouth but not as thin as I would have expected. Has a carbonation bite to it.

Not my favorite Belikin. Maybe the plastic bottles just aren't working for the product because something seemed off.

Belikin Draft from Belize Brewing Co., Ltd.