Top Hat Beer

From:
Hudepohl-Schoenling Brewing Co.

Ohio, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
View: Beers
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 5 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
chuckm from Indiana

3.38/5  rDev +78.8%

One of those beer you remember more for the ease which with they followed one another than for its actual value. Still this 24 pack of returnable bottles always seemed stronger than and more fully bodied than the contemporaries I had back then. While not for the faint of heart the out of high school beer drinker could find this interesting.

Feb 07, 2007
Tallboy from Antarctica

I just had to review the worst beer of all time. I only drank this once as a teenager and literaly spit it out after one sip. It smelled like dog piss and tasted like it had been opened then left in a closed garage for about a week before being recapped and shipped out to the stores.

Mar 04, 2006
Wildman from Ohio

1.59/5  rDev -15.9%

Okay, I am probably dating myself again. My drinking buddy had an uncle we worked for sometimes that would always buy the cheapest beer(or anything else for that matter)that he could find. This by far had to be one of the worst beers he ever gave us. The color was horrendous and everything else about it was just dreadful. It somehow was lighter at the top than at the bottom. The aroma was an grain and not much else. Taste was mostly light grain and solvents. Mostly bite in finish.

May 28, 2002
Top Hat Beer from Hudepohl-Schoenling Brewing Co.