Axe Head Watermelon

Axe Head WatermelonAxe Head Watermelon
Notes:
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 4
1.6/5  rDev -11.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Axe Head Watermelon

Pours a hot pink color, mostly opaque, leaves no head whatsoever

Aroma is a strong watermelon jolly rancher smell, stronger than expected

Tastes as it smells, a very forward watermelon jolly rancher flavor, with a malt ending not similar to the typical 4loco

Feel is light, with little body. Does not feel heavy to drink in the least.

Overall, better than most flavored malt beverages. 3/10 compared to most beers, 8/10 in the realm of flavored malt beverages.

2.29/5  rDev +26.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 2.25

The following review is in support of The CANQuest (tm), endorsed by lovers of fermented beverages in aluminum cylinders everywhere. Also, being that today is 4-20/4:20 Day & I grew up at 420 West Walnut Street, I am celebrating in my own way. Today is hereby also designated as Watermelon Wednesday!

From the CAN: "[CAN]tains Alcohol [-] [CAN]tains Schisandra Berry & Damiana Leaf Extracts"; "Union Made".

A previous reviewer questioned "what gets into some people", perhaps as a rhetorical question, but I CAN promise you, there is no better inhuman beverage for your CANsumption than a liquid produced by the MInhas family. I was once as human as you, but after repeated indulgences of products from Minhas Craft Brewery, Mountain Crest Brewery & Axe Head, I have been transformed into The Cyberleader! My metallic outer shell remains in an upstairs closet to hide me from Doctor Who & the Torchwood people, but any time that I am about to Crack! open an aluminum cylinder filled with one of their CANcoctions, I suit up for proper enjoyment. I would caution you that such beverages are unfit for human CANsumption, but now that I am no longer human, my enjoyment is boundless.

I readied my largest drinking vessel since, at 24-fl. oz., this was going to require time & effort as well as a large glass into which it would be deCANted. The Crack! was appropriately loud, given the size of the CANtainer unit. UNIT!?! Do NOT mention that acronym in my exalted presence! I Glugged as much into my glass as I could, to try and take my CANputer mind off of the thought that they may be tracking me. It fizzed and popped and created a finger of pop-like foam that quickly dissipated. Color was an unnatural light, rose pink (SRM = N/A) with such clarity that I could see into other universes. Nose smelled of dry cleaning plants, plastics factories, chewed pink bubble gum and Jolly [CAN]cher watermelon CANdies. My favorites! Prior to my being subsumed, I used to cringe at the though, but now I embrace the coming liquid as it courses through my circuitry. Mouthfeel registered as thin, but quite hot with a burning fusel alcohol quality. There was little to no attempt made to hide its high-gravity origins. The taste had an odd sugary flavor that helped to offset the tart, slightly sour flavor of whatever had been utilized to mimic the taste of watermelon. I feel certain in my assertion that no watermelons were harmed or damaged in the creation of this beverage. Warming, because even I CANnot get this inside of my CANponents quickly enough, the alcohol really begins to show itself. Rippling waves shimmer on its pink surface as evaporation takes place in Earth's atmosphere. I applaud you humans who indulged before me! This is wonderful malt beverage & should be shared widely. I find that some of our best recruits come from alleyways, behind establishments that vend such liquids and other places that cater to a discerning CANsumer. What was left of my human tongue seems to have burnt away, so I will CANtinue the rest of this review in a real-time feed directly to this website. I have placed the reminder of the beverage inside of the aluminum cylinder back into the refrigeration unit to maintain a coolness. It has been brought to my attention that the shimmering that I noted earlier could be a warning sign of it reaching its flashpoint, followed by spontaneous CANbustion! I do not wish to draw undue attention to the goings-on here & so it has been re-placed into the refrigeration unit to maintain stability. Speaking of which, my onboard meter shows that I am experiencing a heavy list to starboard, although my ocular sensors are not registering this. Now, I am also beginning to experience a pitch & yaw which is rather unprecedented in this CANfiguration. I am nearing the finish of the liquid in my glass, so I am going to CANmence corrective actions to get right. The finish of the room-temperature liquid was hot, burning & slightly sour. The version that I removed from the refrigeration unit was more palatable and therefore, the recommended serving style for human entities. In sum, this is a highly volatile liquid which is apparently prone to spontaneous CANbustion & should therefore be kept & CANsumed as cold & as quickly as possible. I must close here as I hear the TARDIS' arrival in my basement!

1.35/5  rDev -25.4%

L - Clear and pink. No head.
S - Candy fruit and rubber. Not supplied for a direct comparison right now, but probably not unlike watermelon hard candy.
T - Lots of extremely sweet fake watermelon flavor and harsh alcohol.
O - I don't know what gets into some people.

Axe Head Watermelon from Minhas Craft Brewery