Oransicle | Minhas Craft Brewery

minhasbrewery.com

Style: American Malt Liquor

Added by biboergosum on 02-16-2011

1.78/5  rDev 0%

1.18 liters of "Strong Flavoured Beer". A veritable orchard of the implied titular fruit on the label. Hoooo, boy...

This beer pours with all the fervor of cheap soda - a brief appearance of crackling bubbles, which dissolve before your eyes, into a murky peachy-orange coloured base. True to form, and ever since I cracked the bottle, it smells of orange cream - a dead ringer for a Creamsicle, if you will, with a prickly undercurrent of booze - memories of first-year university dorms. The taste is still very sweet orange and cream, fake on both counts, but makes room for a decent hit of orange Delsym, pushing me further back in nostalgia space-time. There's more carbonation in my morning Tropicana, the body is sugar-dense, but avoids cloying status somehow. I'm guessing the booze. It finishes still sweet, but, well, nothing.

Pretty much what I was going for all those years ago when I added Stoli Vanil to orange juice. Maybe less acidity, and weaker tasting, but still strong and sugary, just like some people obviously like 'em. Not this camper, anymore. Biggest...drainpour...ever...

Oransicle from Minhas Craft Brewery