Double Bird IPA

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 11 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Dzman from Connecticut

2.37/5  rDev -34.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

I absolutely love visiting the brewery but I just cannot enjoy the beers. Being a fan of IPA's I had to try Double Bird. The color is light copper. Looking down appears almost "dirty water". Like when the city flushes out the drinking water and you open your tap to find a discoloration. Kind of like that. Also the carbonation isn't there. I had this beer at the brewery and again at my favorite hangout and there's no carbonation so no head and no lacing. To be honest it hurts my stomach to drink this. It leaves a heavy hoppy taste that turned me off. Aftertaste lingers a lot longer than I want it to. Very metallic taste like a fork scrapping metal to your mouth. It doesn't smell any better. There's a woody smell but similar to dry rot smell. Not very pleasing. I would like to rate this higher but the beers all need to be worked on and the Double Bird will not be accepted by IPA drinkers I know. At the brewery they do recognize that they still need to work on brewing process so I will try their beers again at some other date.

Oct 25, 2016