Spurgeon's Milk Stout

Notes:
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 3 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Cnote_crafty_1 from Pennsylvania

3.98/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

I dunno how to rate this one. The friendly, awesome waiter at the Brewery gave me a taste and it tasted heavier in the little sampling cup. Now that I got a full glass of it, it is very light and almost watery. However, it has a nice stout flavor and has some nice bitter coffee aftertaste. It was good, just very light, but if you are o.k. with that, than it's fine. The Pub that they have in Butler is not much to look at from the outside, but once you go in it looks nice. Also, the staff are very friendly and informative. The food is not bad at all. Pretty much bar food, but a step up from most bar food. I am not sure why this is a milk stout because there is no creamyness at all in the sip. Also, I had it on what they supposedly said was a nitro tap. It was on a nitro and it is a milk stout and it's not creamy at wall, WTF? I dunno, bit it was a pretty solid stout though.

Jun 17, 2018
Bluerabbitbell from Pennsylvania

4.36/5  rDev +6.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

This is a very nice choice! Not sweet like I was expecting. Very nice complex taste. Good "stoney" finish. Dry. Would definitely order another one if I weren't driving.

May 02, 2017