Oatmeal Stout | Tustin Brewing Company

4.08/5

Tustin Brewing Company
tustinbrewery.com

Style: Oatmeal Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by womencantsail on 01-19-2010

4.25/5  rDev 0%

3.91/5  rDev 0%

On-tap at Tustin

Normally served on Nitrogen, but the Nitrogen wasn't working so this beer was served on regular CO2 (much to my delight, actually).

A: The pour was a deep, dark brown which one could easily mistake for black. The head was off-white and quite fluffy.

S: Good coffee, chocolate, and roasted malt aroma to the nose. Not necessarily much that was indicative of an oatmeal stout, but solid nonetheless.

T: The flavor is more of what I expect from an oatmeal stout. A nice, strong coffee flavor coupled with a bit of bittersweet chocolate and a smooth creaminess.

M: This one has a medium body with a moderate level of carbonation and a fairly smooth feel on the tongue.

D: No detectable alcohol on this easy drinking stout. I'm actually glad they couldn't serve it to us on N2, as I feel the Nitrogen really mutes the flavor and aroma of the beer. I would probably drink this one again over all their beers.

Oatmeal Stout from Tustin Brewing Company