Pace Bend

Mar 02, 2018
SCORE
n/a
Notes: None
Recent ratings and reviews.
Reviewed by kflorence from Texas

3.72/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75
On tap at Witchcraft in Mueller.

Pours a golden, copper in color with a finger thick, frothy head atop. Plenty of lacing as you drink. Carbonation looks a tick above average. Smell is honey and toasted, cereal malts with a hint of lemon and herbalness. Taste follows the nose almost perfectly. A bittering, toasted cereal maltiness up front giving way to a bitter, lemon finish. There is some "green-ness" in the taste; it reminds me a lot of some of the home brews I've made. I'm not sure if that's a compliment or a detriment. I'd say this is decidedly malt-forward, but it does finish with a lingering bitterness which lends it some balance. The mouthfeel is great. On the lighter side of medium body with zesty carbonation and a tiny bit of chewiness. Very drinkable.

Overall I enjoyed this brew, although it is a tad bit simple and very much of the "cereal grain" profile. However, it was very fresh and quite drinkable. I believe I've had a few other beers from this company. Nothing has really blown me away yet but they have all been solidly above average. Cheers!
Apr 12, 2022

Rated: 3.92 by Jame515 from Texas

Jun 10, 2018

Rated: 3.93 by Gagnonsux from Texas

Mar 02, 2018
Pace Bend from Texas Beer Co.