Ohno Kenzo

Notes:
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 3 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
TheBrewsky from California

4.41/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

No canning date, but I know it is very fresh.
L: Pours a murky light yellow in color. Completely opaque, pretty much definition of haze. Evident that oats have been used in the brewing process, given by the appearance of this beer. A nice frothy white head formed from a simple pour, amounting to about 3 fingers worth. Heaps of lacing left on the glass.
S: This beer has alot of fruit character smell wise. Orange, grapefruit, lemon, peach, mango, papaya, pear and banana are all detectible on the nose. Slight pepper scent as well, with a grassy/earthy hop profile. It does have a slight bite to the nose, indicative of it being a bit green, but still smells very inviting. I can tell this is a big beer.
T: Follows the nose. While its really cold, you can tell it is indeed a bit green. But as it warms, it takes the edge off and really develops. Full of that citrus and stone fruit flavor I was smelling. Pineapple and mango also in abundance. There is a slight dankness to the flavor, which mixes well with the lemongrassy hop flavor.
F: Thick, heavy, soft and full. This has what I really prefer in most NEIPAs. Carbonation is noted but not overly done. The beer has a pillowy/soft feel that I enjoy. Again as it warms, it seems even more silky.
O: I am very glad I was able to try this. I think it's fantastic. The folks out at Electric Brewing have been working overtime. I can't wait to see how this tastes in 5 or so days. I am very grateful to have tried. And hey, the can art is a plus. Cheers!

Aug 26, 2018