Willimantic S.A.S.E. Summer Ale | Willimantic Brewing Co.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Willimantic Brewing Co.
Connecticut, United States
willibrew.com

Style: American Blonde Ale

Availability: Summer

A light, easy drinking beer with some spicy hop flavors from Styrian Goldings.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-01-2005

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 3
3.43/5  rDev +23.8%

A refreshing light ale brewed with Caramel and Carapils malts and balanced with Sybilla hops. 5.3%abv. My wife ordered 3 of these and liked them a lot, even more than their Certified Gold. It reminded her of a blueberry beer with no berries.

Light and drinkable blonde with above average ABV for this style. I tried it and it was okay but I really like it when my tastebuds are doing backflips.

1.99/5  rDev -28.2%

A rare cluncker from my favorite brewpub. It looks nice with a deep amber color, and thick 1.5 inch head, but then you taste it and wonder "what happened?"

I just seems really bland to me, there's no perceivable hop flavor (or bitterness for that matter), but the malt proflie is weak as well, with just the faintest hit of caramel sweetness. It's funny the mouthfeel is there, just the flavor isn't. Its like a really bland Pale Ale.

I dunno, maybe they're trying to appeal to BMC drinkers with a less offensive brew, but to me, it just needs something more. With so many great bres on tap @ WBC, its best to avoid this one.

Willimantic S.A.S.E. Summer Ale from Willimantic Brewing Co.