Willimantic Vegas Victory Ale | Willimantic Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Willimantic Brewing Co.
Connecticut, United States
willibrew.com

Style: American Blonde Ale

In celebration of our win as Best Beer Bar in America from Nightclub and Bar Magazine we brewed this beer with American Victory, Pilsner, Munich, Rye, and Wheat malts

Added by Gambrinus1184 on 03-21-2010

3.65/5  rDev -4.2%

Thanks to naproxen for this growler. Reviewed from notes.

Pours a moderately-darkened gold color with a bit of a white head. The nose brings a bit of rye spice as well as some light seed fruits and a touch of light toast. The taste adds in a bit of zest and some light apple and pear notes; almost an Asian pear vibe. Light malt flavor. Fairly light body with good carbonation. Not as good as the IPAs I've had from them, but pretty good.

3.89/5  rDev +2.1%

On-tap at the brewpub into their shaker pint.

A: Straightforward: clear amber body, wispy half-finger head of quickly-dissipating off-white foam. Light lace.

S: Malt-forward aroma - nutty, toasty, and a bit spicy from the rye. Quite pleasant.

T: Follows the nose with a medley of smooth malty goodness that finishes with just a hint of herbal hops. Quite refreshing.

M: Medium body with abundant, slightly sharp carbonation.

D: Maybe it's the rye, but for whatever reason this drinks a bit stronger than its posted 5.2%. I thought I'd get through it quicker than I did.

Notes: Maybe I was just expecting too much from an obvious one-off, but this celebratory brew seemed a bit tame (despite being clearly well-crafted, as are all of Willibrew's offerings). I wasn't quite on board for the way all of its complexity came from the malt bill - a bit more hops would have helped balance this beer out, IMO. But maybe I just don't like rye all that much. Regardless, it was a pleasant beer to drink and I'm glad I got the chance to try it.

Cheers!

3.88/5  rDev +1.8%

Served on-tap in a rocks glass as part of my beer flight at Willimantic Brewing Co.

A: A bright, golden pale amber color with a thin, sudsy head of carbonation which was ample throughout. Nice clarity and amber hues.

S: Smells slightly yeasty with a buttery cracker aroma blended with some spicy rye notes.

T: A dry and semisweet, very bready ale with a certain wheat twange to it. Slightly fruity ale esters give off bits of apple and pear with the finish being dry and mellow.

M: Mouthfeel is medium bodied and very easy drinking. Smooth rye and wheat malts add to the drinkability.

D: A very sessionable 5.2% ABV and a smooth, light malty flavor to keep palates clean. Paired nicely with the Spinach and artichoke dip.

Willimantic Vegas Victory Ale from Willimantic Brewing Co.