Away Mission

From:
Springdale Beer Co.

Massachusetts, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Away MissionAway Mission
Notes: Collaboration with Zero Gravity Craft Brewery

Zero Gravity & Springdale away team assemble! Our mission took us high into Vermont forests in search of young spruce tips for our collaboration. We loaded this IPA with those hand-picked spruce tips as well as raspberry puree, making this the only red shirt worth sacrificing today.
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 7 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Lone_Freighter from Vermont

3.64/5  rDev -2.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This was poured into a becher pint glass.
The appearance was a ruddy copper/amber color with a bubbly to semi-foamy interwoven spectacle of head. This slid off fairly quick and left some bubbly lace sticking to the sides.
The aroma had some raspberry sweetness playing with a slight citrus zest. Super light on the spruce tips but yes, they're there.
The flavor leaned towards a short sweet citrusy/raspberry/sprucy and zesty character. Mild aftertaste of red raspberries and citrus zest.
The mouthfeel was about medium bodied with a fair sipping quality about it. Good carbonation and some sharp zesty character trying to punch at my tongue. Carbonation felt just a little bit low.
Overall, I couldn't find any date on the can but somehow I feel like this was falling off. For now, this rating will stand until I can get fresher or a dated can, maybe draft somewhere.

Oct 30, 2019
Away Mission from Springdale Beer Co.