Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Espresso Porter | Liberty Steakhouse Brewery

3.44/5
Okay

Liberty Steakhouse Brewery
North Carolina, United States
libertybreweryandgrill.com

Style: American Porter

Added by Onenote81 on 04-21-2010

Had this in July of this year when it was available. First "legal" beer I had after I turned 21 the day before. Everything about the beer I loved, from the appearance in the glass, to the aroma, to the taste. Hints of coffee, chocolate, and faint vanilla. I enjoyed it so much, a few weeks later I tried to find a good mass market equivalent, finally arriving at Rogue Ales Mocha Porter.

I have had the Espresso stout from Liberty and was interested to try this,glad it was on tap yesterday.Poured nearly black except for some ruby tinge when held up,a lacy almond colored head atop.Aromas of well you guessed dark espresso roast and a hint of mocha,light molasses sweetness came thru as it warmed.Heavy on the roast to be expected on the palate,espresso and bitter chocolate dominate with big earthy tones.A real solid offering from Liberty,it seems as though the quality of beer made there is going up.

3.76/5  rDev +9.3%

Stopped in here for lunch today and saw that they had this new one on tap. Came out a dark black, with some light brown on the edges. A nice tan head capped it off. Retention was fair and it left some pretty lace behind. The scent was pretty average. Some roasted malts and light coffee. Nothing spectacular.

The body was full and heavy. I felt sluggish and slow after having this beer. Carbonation level was moderate. Great coffee bitterness right away. Lots of bitter espresso, bittersweet dark chocolate, and a light hoppy finish. This was a great beer. I wasn't expecting alot as this is a chain place, but this beer was very well-done. I'd love the chance to have it again.

Espresso Porter from Liberty Steakhouse Brewery